Tuesday, March 26, 2013

10 years ago today

Its been 10 years since I found my first geocache. It seems like just yesterday... if yesterday was 10 years ago. Well anyway its been a long time I guess. A lot of things have changed since then. There are a lot more caches today, but more isn't always better. Its not so much that quality has diminished... you always had some poor ones. Its just that when I first started many caches led you to someplace new. A trail I'd never hiked. A historic sign I'd never read. A place I had never visited. You can still get this somewhat by caching away from home, but even then, without some research you'll be finding a lot of parking lots, bushes, and gravel pull outs.

I did find a cache today Don't get stumped. It was close to work and easy to find, but way too many houses around for my liking. I hope to get out and hike for some soon.


1 comment:

Steve King said...

Congratulations on 10 years of caching. I didn't learn about the sport until 2007 so I'm behind you on that count.