Thursday, March 26, 2009

6 years ago today

March 26, 2003 I found my first geocache

State quarter cache

I had no GPS and no clue what I was getting myself into. That little film canister with a couple of quarters and a wadded up peice of paper would lead to hundreds of adventures. It might not have been the most exciting cache by todays standards, but there was something about the hunt... and that moment of finding it... I was hooked.

Little did I know that 6 years later I'd still be having fun at it. I have a website and blog devoted to the hobby, and many new friends some of which I only know by their odd nicknames.

I have found 114 caches so far this year which puts me well on pace to shatter my previous record of 321 in a year. Last year I set my second highest mark with 309. So despite seeming to slow down I am finding as many as ever.

2 comments:

Crazy Cacher said...

I have only been geocaching for a little over a year now and I cannot wait to be in your position looking back. I can remember out first find as well and I can remember everything about it. This is such a great sport and hobby.

Dan said...

I was look back as will.
It was 6 year on the first of April for my self.
Time flies, even when your caching.
DrDan