Thursday, January 11, 2007

A New Coin Quest...

I've been working on the idea for a while. I needed a good FTF prize for the cache blazerfan & SallyC's Revenge. Obviously it needed to be something pretty nice. So I resurected and old idea I had for making geocoins in the ancient roman style and this was what I came up with



For those curious I made the coin using a product called Art Clay Silver. The clay is made of silver particles, organic stuff, and water. When its fired the clay burns away leaving 99.9% pure silver. I used 2 rubber stamps to press the coin but had to carve the lettering in as only the tree stood out from the stamp design. After it was fired I shined it up a bit and then I used an ultra nasty product call Liver of Sulfur to tarnish it. Then I polished it up and I think it looks pretty good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That material is amazing. I thought it was clay you painted. I'd be awesome to find something like that for a FTF prize...