Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Poker table building 101

So last night I take a big step in getting my table done... I got out my grandpa Garner's old radial arm saw. This saw can be set at an angle so I can cut my oak boards. Well it will only cut up to 45º while I need 60º angles... I never bothered to look that hard. So now I am set back again. There is a chance that my grandpa Breedlove has a saw that can do the job... since he is in Highland House winning horses and such I don't think he'll be using his wood working tools any time soon. My uncle Randy has all of those things stored away so I'll need to ask him what he had. If I had the space I would have a little wood shop of my own... sadly I can't afford to buy a home or even rent a home with any space for such things. I still hope to get something done with my table this weekend.

No comments: