Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Day of 2008

The year has come to an end. While I haven't been out caching as often as in years past I was able to put up good number (for me). These were some of the highlights of the year.
  • Hid just one cache, but had 2 events and created an EarthCache
  • Reached the 1400, 1500 and 1600 find milestones
  • Found 42 caches on 11/16/08 around Las Vegas
  • Found 37 caches on 08/02/08 with Biggieet_al
  • Attended GeoWoodstock VI

Some of my favorite caches for 2008 include:

The Highlight of the year was definitely attending Geowoodstock VI. It was quite an event and very fun to have that many like minded people all in one place. It almost makes me want to drive to Tennessee for the next one.

Last but not least a special thank you to all who hid the caches that I had so much fun finding. This coming year I'll try to do a little better and actually hide a few for you all to find. I hope to see you all on the trail in 2009. Have a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

tonka_boy said...

Jason, nice recap of your geocaching. Looks like it was a good year. Our numbers were not so high this year - when boating season comes along, geocaching takes a back seat. We'll see what 2009 brings.

Here's wishing you a great new year!

Grumpy Bastard said...

So why did The Great Meadow make your list? I haven't done it yet but I'm just curious what made it worth while?

blazerfan said...

The great meadow made the list because its a nice large container... in the woods... at a rest stop that I've stopped at more times then I care to remember.

When you are on a long drive some caches just seem to stick out in your memory... thats all it really takes to make the list.