Sunday, March 05, 2017

February and beyond

I found 2 caches last month

15th East Rules!
What can brown do for you?

The first was in Lincoln City. I drove over for a coin show and this cache was near a public parking lot that I used to stop at a couple of shops.

The second was in Roseburg. I took the opportunity to find it while I was down visiting.

The main thing being that I had nice weather and took the opportunity to find these with my phone app. I haven't taken my real GPS out since Alaska. But now the classic phone app is being retired. The new app only shows "beginner" caches with a difficulty under 1.5 . You have to be a premium member to see all of the geocaches.

So essentially a hobby that I have slowly been giving up on has thrown another roadblock at me. I doubt I'll pay for a membership again

With that said, I also attended two coin shows last month. There will be a small show in Clackamas next Sunday and a big show up near Seattle the next weekend.

No comments: