Sunday, January 02, 2011

Discover Roseburg

Daveydude mentioned this event cache to me today

Discover Roseburg

They give you a passport and you visit spots around town. It sounds like lots of fun and unless I-5 is closed by snow I'll try to attend.

They had something a lot like this in Salt Lake City for Geocoinfest (which I thought about attending but ended up in Las Vegas instead.) They hid caches along the light rail line and you had a passport to complete.

Last year I planned to do something a lot like this. I bought a bunch of rubber stamps to prepare a "Southern Oregon Passport" series. I think the main reason I didn't complete it was because I was torn between making the caches difficult (nothing I hide is very hard, but I'm talking "hiking required") or making the caches easy so that more people would find it. I still have the stamps and containers so maybe this will still happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a lot of comments, but I do drop in and have a quick read/update occasionally. Still closing in on 300 finds, not a lot of time to cache, but we try (usually more in the summer when on holidays) Maybe 2011 will be a better year. Thanks for your updates though, it's encouraging to others. :-)

ken of bayside5

Anonymous said...

The Discover Roseburg Event was a HUGE success! see
http://www.kpic.com/news/local/114948634.html?video=pop&t=a