Thursday, July 02, 2009

Backlog - May 10

This is my last backlog for a while. These events happened on May 10th... Mother's day.

My Dad told us about this waterfall he found while out quad riding so it was decided we'd have a picnic out there for Mother's Day. I decided it would be a good opportunity to hide a cache. The waterfall was nice and I found a good spot for a cache. I looked up the name of the creek... Little Craggy... so I called it Little Craggy Falls.

Later we went out to Applegate lake and decided to make the short hike out to the Bigfoot Trap. We found the following caches.

Bigfoot Cache Revisited
Collings Mtn. Trailhead
NOT FISHING LEAD

I also had a DNF on I B Lichen it! which was latter revised

1 comment:

M. D. Vaden of Oregon said...

There is a place up a few more miles and a 4 mile hike near Applegate Lake that may make for a good GeoCache.

Near the 1940s plane wreck site. Below the Butte Fork Trail. There is a memorial plaque about 4 to 5 miles up, and the wreck is downhill maybe 1000 feet. There is a good size engine as the only remnant, and it will last for a century or more.

Red Buttes Wilderness

The trail grade is pretty mellow except the first 10 minutes worth.