Well yesterday I went and borrowed a big 1/2" drill... and I am pretty sore from using it. I drilled the holes for the cup holders and it was hard work. For each hole the drill had to get started into the wood and until it did it would catch and twist me and the table around. The holes are just a little small but I think just a little bit of sanding will make them the right size.
Before I sand those I wanted to get to the finish. The stain was pretty easy... I did it exactly as I would have at masterbrand. My first attempt was bad, but I sanded it off and got it pretty good on the second try. Now I am applying the clear coat... I'm on layer 3 right now and I think I'll go for 5.
here are some pictures of the last few steps